High School Volunteers-Get your Permission and Reference forms here!
Volunteering is FUN!
Becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister is designed to build a match with a child, based on shared interests, personality and your volunteer preferences.
Here are the quick and easy steps to Become a Big
1. Inquire Online or call 513-867-1227 to Inquire today and speak with a match specialist at Big Brothers Big Sisters.
2. After you inquire online, a match coordinator will contact you to discuss volunteer options and help you start the enrollment process.
3. Orientation/Interview. A match coordinator will interview you in person and provide an orientation/training about the Big Brothers Big Sisters program.
4. Background Check. Child safety is our priority, so we’ll review your records to ensure you’ll be a good fit for our program.
5. References. You’ll need to provide at least three references of people we can talk to about your ability to be a mentor.
6. Matching. We will review the kids in your area who need a Big Brother or Big Sister and find the best fit for you. Depending on your gender and the kind of child you’d like to work with, matching may go very quickly or take some time. Making the right match is important to our commitment to form lasting relationships.
Spending Time with Your Little
School-based matches meet in schools each week during the day. They do projects together, read in the library, eat lunch, shoot hoops and more.
Community-based matches are flexible and will fit your busy schedule. Bigs and Littles hang out in the community and go to museums, sports events, movies, and more. It’s up to you and your Little!
We’ll Support You
Regular events are held in your community, giving you an opportunity to meet other Bigs and Littles in your area. Plus, through the generosity of our partners and individuals in your community, there are often free tickets to ball games, the theater, and more!
- About Us
- Mentoring Options
- Enroll A Child
- VOLUNTEER NOW
- DONATE NOW